Well I don’t really hate these companies per se but I do not love some of the business practices they engage in. I do not mean to despise your beloved companies but am writing this post as a way to nudge these companies in the right directions.
These are some of the things I wish they would shed from their way of doing business… Enjoy!!
Econet is the biggest network in Zimbabwe, reaping in super profits! But the profits seem to be dropping sharply. Econet has arguable the best Network out there, in terms of almost everything… But hey Econet change these
- Econet should actually engage people on their facebook and twitter pages. It is so strange that a company opens a page and goes on to give one way communication. I know that replies to posts can suddenly reach 100 for a page like Econet’s page but responding to people’s queries on a separate post does not hurt, does it Econet?
- Copying! Well we can’t say Econet really copies here but it has a tendency of waiting for other companies to introduce something and then they rush in with a service or promo to counter the effects of the competitor! Teletunes was countered by buddie beats, Skwama countered by Ecocash, Call all day for a dollar from NetOne was countered by Buddie Zone! Econet please Innovate!!! Stop reaping what you did not sow, it caused a huge rift between Alick Macheso and his chummie Zacharia I think, and led Macheso into penning a song, Econet you don’t want Telecel writing a song about you entitled Pakutema Munda….
- Too expensive, Buddie Zone hardly works! Other networks have really cheap tarrifs but with Econet!!! I tell you!!
- Spam sms! Whenever Econet introduces something, they make sure they make you hear it loudly. In radios, TVs and SMS! Please give us an option to opt in or out of those spam SMS messages…
- Econet introduces things and pulls them off our feet very fast. Remenber Ecolife? We topped up our accounts religiously to get life cover… but hey we never saw anyone benefiting from that assuarance scheme.. Notify us of what you intend to do and how it affects us, than to silently pull off things from us just like that.
- Having a call centre that actually works! Try dialling 111 now and tell me what happens! You will hear jingles and jingles and then…Silence the connection is lost. You have to physically go to Econet if you really want your query to be resolved.
Telecel is the second largest operator with some really cool customer service and easy on the pocket tarrifs! However if Telecel could change the following traits, it will be a darling!
- Stop sending us an sms each time our airtime reduces to zero… please that is so annoying! We actually know how to check for balance left, and the fact that the phone just cut is a telling feature that my airtime ha s dropped to zero.
- Telecel if you could stop Econet from stealing the limelight from you. Buddie Beatz is now more known than teletunes… Ecocash is now a household name and Skwama is nowhere to be seen. Advertise heavily like you depend on it… actually you depend on it.
- Internet speeds! Well I am not saying Telecel internet really bad but coming from Econet HSPA dizzying fast speeds adn stepping into Telecel slower speeds feels like stepping off a Toyota Alteza and Jumping onto a train. Besides, I usually see only the Edge and GPRS signal when using Telecel, HSPA is no where in sight!
NetOne is the third largest network in Zimbabwe.. or it is the smallest network in Zimbabwe. NetOne has introduced a hard to beat Call-For-A-Dollar-A-Day Promo that is hard to beat. I bet Econet and Telecel wish this promo would die this very instant. But NetOne, just drop the following
- Bragging! We are tired of hearing things like First-To, First-This, First-That! NetOne may be the first to anything but that does not make you good or better. What matters is the service we are getting now whether you are first or last, WE DONT CARE!
- NetOne should drop loss making promos, they made a loss last year, albeit due to this crazy promos were people are virtually calling free of charge! Now don’t be embarrased NetOne, pull off that promo! But be warned Econet will bash you good because it seems that promo is causing them a huge headache.
- Not making a profit. NetOne should make a profit! This thing of relying on gvt funds just because you are a parastatal is totally bad. You are using our taxes that could have been used for somthing else productive. Imagine, if they made a profit and paid taxes than to wait for funds from our taxes, squander it on crazy promos.
- Stop playimg catch up! NetOne should stop playing catch up! They introduced data bundles just now, and you cannot send a Please call me back SMS using USSD codes. NetOne please wake up and smell the coffee, its getting cold hey!!!
I hope you enjoyed this post! What do you hate about these Networks? Leave a comment in the comments area and let others know!