If you forget how to juice you phone or do some such thing in this country were people have multiple SIM cards then this article may come in handy.
Here are some USSD codes to use with Econet, Telecel and NetOne either to juice up your phone, buy data bundles or send the call me back sms to msomeone else.
Telecel should be commended for their great social media works. Here is one company that actually responds to your queries and comments on their twitter account (@TelecelZim). They also go gthe extra mile to remind us of these USSD codes
If you are stuck on the Telecel Network just dial the following codes
(Update: Telecel just sent me an email on codes I missed! Bravo Telecel!)
- To access the USSD Menu dial *145# and you get a list of all USSD codes.. Cool huh!
- *122# to check you airtime balance
- *123*LONG-PIN-NUMBER# to top up airtime
- *142# Missed Call Alert
- *147# Teletunes
- *148# Data
- *176# to register your new mobile SIM card
- *144# to purchase data bundles OR text the word BUNDLE to 33073
- *143# to get emergency advance airtime
- *140*NUMBER# To send a call me back
- *141*NUMBER# To check if number is available
- *199# Mobile Banking Services
- Transfer airtime: Send Message to 33350 with amount plus Mobile Number to send airtime to
- 150 to access customer care
Econet overtook Telecel with page likes on facebook and the have a huge presence on twitter (@econetzimbabwe) But you will be lucky if you get a response from them if you have a query. Econet is more concerned with bombarding us with “Adverts” on Facebook and via SMS! But, complaints aside here are some codes to Econet subscribers
- *125# to check your balance
- *141* to check data bundle balance
- *140# to access a number of services like
- Data Bundle purchase and Check
- Missed Call Alert
- Activating Roaming
4. *151*200# EcoCash Access
5. *555*NUMBER# Call Me Back
6. *43# Activate call waiting
7. #43# De Activate call waiting
8. *21*NUMBER# Call Divert
9. 111 to call customer care
NetOne has almost non-existent social media presence.
Please note you can not yet buy data bundles for NetOne using USSD codes, you have to buy a recharge card and use that instead.
- *131*LONG-PIN-NUMBER# To top up airtime
- *134# To check Balance
- To send a call me back send message with NUMBER to 7070
You may be wondering why NetOne does not have much information, I want to write a “Why I hate NetOne Article Soon”….